Sycamore Chiropractic & Nutrition Office Remodel
It’s not just the care a person receives from a medical professional that matters, but also the environment in which that care is given. A recent project revitalizing a new chiropractic clinic posed the challenge of creating a warm and welcoming environment in a traditionally cold clinic setting.
Our client wanted his chiropractic practice to be the most welcoming doctor’s ofﬁce that his patients had ever visited. He wanted this healing space to reﬂect his values and his approach to care. Not only does he offer chiropractic services, but patients can also receive massages, acupuncture and nutritional education. His concern is with whole body health and the treatment space is an important aspect of this.Creating a functional clinic as well as an environment that would also feel like a second home was important not only for his patients but also his staff, many of whom are family members.
A blend of functionality with a coziness absent in other clinics was the ultimate goal. The methods the we at Build it Brothers used to create the home-away-from-home’s environment for this client’s practice included:
- Listening to the client about how he wanted the space to be warm, cozy, and very inviting, we broke away from the traditional medical ofﬁce setting
- Using non-traditional materials that are still functional in a medical setting, we switched out common and expected sterile white countertops for rich, warm marble ones
- Along the same lines, we built a stone wall front desk that matched the countertops throughout the ofﬁce
- Then, we further enhanced the home-like feel by using soft and warm lighting with ﬁxtures that were unusual and bolder than traditional recessed ceiling lights
- From drawing up the plans to the ﬁnished ofﬁce, we were able to think outside the traditional box, and bring our client’s dream into reality
Using our client’s direction, we brought to life an environment where he and his staff will be able to provide chiropractic and other related services to their many patients.
The Build it Brothers was proud to learn that each of our client’s patients has had something positive to say about the end result.
Our client, Dr David Boynton, gave us this testimonial about his experience with us:
“I had dreamed of what I wanted. I was focused more on the functional aspects of the space – was not concerned about aesthetics. Shawn (from The Build it Brothers) really used his expertise to make it very appealing to the customers that walk in the door. Being a customer he looks at things that I wouldn’t have as a doctor. I just wanted a front desk – he gave me the Taj Mahal of the front desks. I wanted this to be the nicest Dr.’s ofﬁce that my patients have ever been into and that is the feedback that I consistently hear. So many Drs’ ofﬁces are cold and sterile. I wanted it to be like a living room where they can truly learn about overall health and nutrition and how they can improve their quality of life. MPP was always very professional and respectful of my time. It was a very successful partnership.”